Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Q&A with Chane Behanan

Chane Behanan is a Kentucky player, but is being recruited by Indiana and Purdue. I caught up with Chane after one of his games at Tuesday’s Adidas Invitational, and he updated me on his recruitment, and how he feels about IU and Purdue.

Question: Since your performance at the NBPA Camp, what are the new schools that have jumped in your recruitment?

Answer: Indiana offered, Ohio State and Kentucky are on me more, and Texas is recruiting me.

Q: What did you think about your new (top 30) status in national rankings?

A: I like it, but I don’t pay attention to those too much, you know everyone has their own opinion.

Q: Last I heard West Virginia and Lousiville were on top of your list, is that still the case?

A: Yeah, I’ve been talking to both schools a lot, and they came to my games today.

Q: Can you talk about IU and Purdue a little bit, and have you visited either school yet?

A: Both schools have offered me, and I went up to Purdue a couple Saturdays ago. Purdue showed me around the campus, and they showed me the new basketball facilities they are building. I got to meet some of the Purdue players, I liked the visit and they showed me a good time. I haven’t been to Indiana yet, but they offered me a scholarship and I hope to get up there whenever I get the time.

Q: How soon after the NBPA Camp did Indiana offer you?

A: They offered me about two days after the camp, because I had a good performance.

Q: You said Ohio State is turning up the heat, are they trying to get you to visit, and would you visit there?

A: Yeah, I would like to visit there. Ohio is my home state so I could make it up there.

Q: Has Kentucky expressed interest in you?

A: Yeah, they've called and congratulated me on my performance at the NBPA Camp, but they haven't offered.

Q: Do you notice which schools are here watching you?

A: Yeah, I see the coaches from Lousville and West Virginia, especially Rick Pitinio and Bob Huggins. I like that they are watching me, I’m used to watching them.

Q: Are you close at all to committing to a school?

A: No, I’m going to wait until Feburary to make my decision. My brother gets out of prison then and I want to wait until he’s with me.

Q: What’s going to ultimately be the biggest factor in your college decision?

A: I’ll go to the team that accepts me with open arms, and where I feel most comfortable. I want to go somewhere with good academics, and somewhere I bond with the players and coaches.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey,

    first, great work with the blog, facebook, video, etc. Secondly, I wanted to see if you happen to still have any of the video that you took when you were getting the Justin gant highlights in June. My brother is Matt O'Leary, #24 on North's team. I have been working on getting some highlights put together on him and thought it would be great if I could get a copy of those games. No big deal if you don't have them or can't send but I just thought I would ask.

    Thank you,
    Marc O'Leary
    olearymarc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete