Sunday, May 9, 2010

Q&A with Jeremy Hollowell

I caught up with Jeremy Hollowell after his game Saturday afternoon, and he talked about his game, the schools recruiting him, and his eventual college decision.

Indy Hoops: How would you describe your game?

Jeremy Hollowell: "I can mix it up, go inside or out. I like to attack the basket and when the defense backs off I can knock down the open three, and I can post up if I need to."

Hoops: What's one thing you would say you'd like to improve on this summer?

JH: "My ball-handling."

Hoops: What are the schools that have offered you scholarships and you're considering?

JH: "IU, Ohio State, Tennessee, Xavier, Illinois, Iowa, Cincinnati, and Indiana State."

Hoops: What schools have you visited?

JH: "Ohio State, IU, Butler, Illinois, Cincinnati, and Xavier."

Hoops: What schools are recruiting you the hardest? Does anyone stick out as really recruiting you hard?

JH: "Ohio State, IU, and Xavier."

Hoops: What are some things you really like about Ohio State?

JH: "Well I'm from Ohio so I like it there, and I've liked Ohio State since I was little. I've been there on campus 3 times. I like the campus, the players, and I talk to Evan Turner a lot."

Hoops: What do you like about IU?

JH: "Even though I'm from Ohio I have lived in Indiana my entire life and I like it here too. Me and Coach Crean have been talking a lot lately. I haven't been down to see the new facilities, but I think I'm going down there next week."

Hollowell indicated he's in no big hurry to decide where he will go to college. "I'll probably decide on a college next AAU season, the summer going into my senior year", Hollowell said. Hollowell indicated he'd know when it was time to make his decision, "I'll know it when the time is right" he said. Jeremy is currently playing for the Eric Gordon All-Stars 16U team.

Here is a quick scouting report on Jeremy Hollowell:
Hollowell is a player loaded with upside. He is still growing, allowing him to be a multi-positional player and defender. Hollowell has elite athleticism, a good stroke, and the handles to take opponents to the rim. Hollowell's game is improving, as he continues to grow into his body and get a feel for the game. His great length (6'11 Wingspan) allows him to be an affective defender, rebounder, and shot blocker. Hollowell can also mix it up inside, showing good touch in the post occasionally. As Hollowell continues to improve his game, he has the chance to be a very special player at the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment